Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 3


Today started off great. I figured out that this plastic thing I thought was part of my jump rope, actually wasn't. Once I cut it off, my skills greatly improved. I did 2 sets straight to 60 without messing up, and I didn't mess up too many times on the others! And I've already noticed I get less winded. I'm actually looking forward to jumping rope tomorrow and seeing if I can do even better! One positive side effect of working out first thing, is I down at least 2 glasses of water before I've even had breakfast. I've always been a big water drinker (that and milk) because I don't like soft drinks (weird I know, something about the carbonation) or coffee. But I've noticed these past few days that I've been drinking even more water than usual.

As far as the strength portion went, I had a lot of energy for some reason and did the maximum reps on each set. My core has been a little sore all day, but in a good way. I know that's my weakest area and one of the major reasons I joined PCP was to strengthen it. I know that'll really help my yoga practice. Oh, and in between my sets of push ups I went into child's pose and it felt great! I did the wheel after my last core rep as an energy boost, but that energy quickly dwindled. At around 2 PM, I could definitely tell I was crashing. I think it's just my body getting used to waking up so early every day. It has definitely made me hungrier than I was on day 1 and 2 though!

I had a really hard time halving my portions today. For lunch, at my university's dining hall I tried to just serve myself half the amount I usually would, but I'm not sure if it really was half. For my favorite DH meal~ honey nut cheerios with cut up banana, I may have cheated a little. I put only half the banana in the cereal, but I could not stop eating those cheerios! Now normally I think I would have gone back for another bowl, so maybe that was me halving it by not getting a second helping. I swear, those honey nut cheerios must be laced with crack they are soooo good. And the DH doesn't always have them, so I had to take advantage of the situation!

All in all a great day 3 for exercise and an ok day 3 for diet!

4 comments:

  1. Good work Abby. Start weaning yourself off those Cheerios!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby, it's not crack. It's the modified corn starch, honey, and brown sugar syrup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhh! I love the Honey Nut Cheerios, too. I knew he was going to do it, but It's sad to see it in black-and-white that Patrick is putting the smack-down on the Honey Nut Cheerios.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, HNC = crack. Almost glad I cannot readily get those in Japan. I seriously lived on HNC from elementary school straight through college.
    And Patrick, don't you DARE bad-mouth the HNC; that there is an old friend...can't we still get along?

    ReplyDelete