Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 23- 5 OH 5

I made it to 505 jumps before I tripped up today! It's funny though, once I trip up, I keep tripping up. It's hard to get that rhythm back. Still, it was exciting to get up to the 500s! I felt great jumping rope today, not tired at all and my calves barely hurt even at the end. I still seem to have a love/hate relationship with it though. Some days the jumps are a lot easier to get through than others.

The strength exercises are tough, but not much more so than last week. I've been doing push ups and triceps dips with my legs straight from the very beginning, so I didn't have to adjust to that change.

This weekend is going to be another challenge for my PCP. I'm driving to Duke Law on Thursday. This time there's no host student and I'm staying at a hotel with my mom, so it should be a lot easier to stick to my own diet and workout schedule. There are a lot of social events on Friday night though, so I'm not sure how that will go down. I'll have to do my best!


6 comments:

  1. I have the on/off jumprope days too. Still haven't figured it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found that the best trick to being sociable and NOT stuffing your face at an event is to always carry a drink (iced tea works well) -- it keeps one hand busy, and you will use the other hand to shake peoples' hands, gesture, etc.
    Get the urge to nibble, take a sip!
    Also less eating means more time talking to people, which is what those things are really about.
    Good luck and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That happens to me on the jump rope too! Sometimes I can't even get started again -- I trip up on the first jump for several tries before I get going again.
    I only count "completed" jumps so sometimes I end up doing 20 (or more) jumps than I was supposed to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO glad to hear it's not just me...once I trip I am useless for another 100 jumps; just tripping every 5. Then I get into the groove and just when I think "Ooh rhythm!" I have a massive brain fart and blow it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on the trip! Just when I break you're 396 yesterday you go and do 505. It's on!!! :)

    ReplyDelete