Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 9

Last night I got a stomach virus right as I was about to go to sleep and proceeded to lose just about everything I ate yesterday. It sucks that I consumed all that food only to lose it a few hours later! But I felt fine today and did my workout as usual. The jumping rope went fairly well. My left calf was a little sore so I had to work through that. The strength exercises are getting more intense. I can definitely feel it working the muscles in my back!

I'm still having confusion with the diet. For example tonight I'm having a sweet potato as my vegetable portion for dinner. But it also has a lot of carbs in it. So does it count as carbs also? For tonight I'm going to say it does and eat some cereal to make up for the rest of the carbs.

I was very happy to read Patrick's email today and see that honey can be a treat once in a while that I won't have to feel guilty about! And cottage cheese! But I'm really sad that peanut butter is a no-no for these 90 days. It's one of the staples in my normal diet (PB+Js, yes sometimes I still have the taste buds of a 5 yr old).

I went on a nice long bike ride around the island today and then to another yoga class at that same place I mentioned yesterday. I'm already dreading the end of this vacation!

3 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better you probably already extracted all the nutrients and proteins from the food before it left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah what is up with calves? My right calf has been twiggy since yesterday...maybe it's all that jumping is finally catching up to us?

    ReplyDelete