Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 16 THREE HUNDRED AND NINETY SIX!....


...That is how many jumps I made it to before I tripped up. Now this may not seem that impressive to those pro-jumpers, but to me it was amazing, wonderful, fantastic!!!! It was so nice to have that rhythm and just push through the slight burn in the calves. Of course after I tripped up, I tripped up a few more times before I made it to 800. But I think my calves are getting stronger and my rhythm is getting better, all making a much more enjoyable jumping rope experience. I just read Patrick's email about alternatives to our jump rope workout, but at this point the other suggested activities seem much more time consuming than jumping rope. And I like noting my progress each day. There may come a day where I might faint at the thought of one more jump, but I am no where near that point yet. It's a perfect way to start my day. I jump on the porch of my apartment, overlooking the wooded area behind campus. It's relaxing and almost meditating to be outside so early and have nothing to do but jump a pre-determined number of jumps.

4 comments:

  1. 396!!! That is great. I know I've never done beyond 300. Good show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Your coordination is only going to get better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy smokes

    That is awesome - my left calf requests that I stop before I get toe 150. You are officially my jump rope hero!

    I bet money you crack 400 tomorrow

    GO GO GO

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, that is a fine set of jumps!
    I am with you on the zen aspect; today I totally lost count for about 50 jumps; mind was white noise and all I heard was the thwack of the rope and the thump of my sneakers. I think I hypnotized myself...jumper's high?

    ReplyDelete