Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 17- An Adventure


So tomorrow I am flying to UVA to visit their law school for admitted students day weekend. I'm pretty excited about it, but as far as PCP goes, I'm kind of scared. I'll be staying with a student, so I think it might be a little awkward if I start pulling out resistance bands and my jump rope. Therefore, I'm already planning on skipping the exercises for Friday. I'll just be there Thursday, Friday and come back on Saturday. So I can work out Thursday morning before my flight and then Saturday night when I get back. I'll just miss Friday which I plan to make up for on Sunday. The only thing I can't make up is the day of missed jumping rope. I'm interested to see how much one day without it affects my "skills" (yeah right). It might not be perfect, but it'll have to work.

As far as diet goes, there's not really much I can control while I'm there. I'm going to pack some apples and whole wheat bagels, but other than that, I'm at the mercy of my host. And whatever food UVA serves at the various functions of the weekend; which is a whole 'nother matter. I know a lot of it will be buffet style food, which could be the death of me. I'll do my very best to stay away from those pesky sweets that always seem to be calling my name. But I'm sure pretty much everything will be loaded with salt. And I probably won't get my protein because I don't eat any meat but seafood, and I can't really see them serving fish.

I'm just mentally preparing myself now, so that I won't weaken my resolve when I'm there. I know this will be a minor set back in my progress on PCP; I hope it won't throw me off too much.

As far as my jumping rope goes, I was not able to repeat my miraculous feat of yesterday, but I definitely can still see progress. I can usually go for at least 200 jumps at a time without tripping up, even towards the end when I'm worn out. This is a huge improvement from even a few days ago, when my form would always get worse near the end.

I hope everyone has a good weekend (mine's starting a little early this week). Hopefully I can stay in a PCP state of mind while I'm away!

3 comments:

  1. Is there anything worse than college food? I remember my days eating at the Rutgers cafeteria. CRAP. CRAP. CRAP. Bring as much fruit as you can and you can always explain to your kind host that you need to eat healthy because you're on a very strict diet and training program. I've been using that more and more, even today when at Starbucks they offered me a free tall Sugar Latte. They looked at me and said "OHHHHH". LOL! Good luck and stay mindful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're smart you can navigate a buffet without too much damage! Better than not having any choice at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you have a plan for your travel. It was a challenge for me last week and I am still catching up. We can do pushup sin the room and the ab and lunge/squat with no gear at all. I wish I had done that in New york.

    ReplyDelete