Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 1

Week one of PCP happens to coincide with midterm week (aka the week from hell) at my university. Not the best timing, but it did give me incentive to wake up early and get my workout out of the way, so I could study the rest of the day. Now, normally I'm a fairly coordinated person, but when it comes to jumprope, I have two left feet. In India, me and my friends would jumprope sometimes for exercise, and they always laughed at how loud my feet would stomp when they hit the ground. While today I kept tried to keep the impact to mainly the balls of my feet, I still kept getting the rope wrapped around me. Also, for now I have to hop twice in between each turn; I'm not yet quick enough to be able to jump once on each turn. I can see how it is great cardio though. While this set wore me out perhaps more than intended, I look forward to improving my jumprope skills as the PCP continues!
As far as the diet goes, this was also more of a challenge than expected. It's 6:14 PM right now and I'm going to wait awhile longer to have dinner in hopes that I won't go to bed hungry on my half-portion!

Since this is Day 1 of the program, I figured it would be a good idea to lay out some goals of mine for the program. By the end of the 90 day period, I will:

-be able to do a headstand in yoga class
-have a better grip on my addiction to chocolate
-be able to jumprope without feeling extremely clumsy (and winded after only a few sets!)
-have a greater appreciation for what my body is capable of doing

I'm sure I'll develop some more goals as the weeks continue, but these are the major ones.

I look forward to reading how my fellow PCPr's are handling the first day!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see I am not the only person on planet Unjumpable Rope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great first day and it's always best to write out your goals as a means of visualizing their achievement. Rock on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The jumprope is just a matter of practice. You'll do so much of it in the next few weeks that you'll improve naturally. Just keep stumbling through and you'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to PCP-Land Abby!

    Throughout this program you'll see the relationship people have with food in a whole new light! Great to see the energy you have at the very start -- especially during midterms! Good luck on your tests!

    ReplyDelete