Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 22- A blossoming romance


So me and Orbit are becoming very close. I'd like to think it cares for me as much as I for it, but I know there is no way it can match my devotion. The sweet relief that gum gives, the way it occupies my mouth, barring any bad food from entrance is something that cannot be properly reciprocated. I owe so much to my lovely Orbit and I have a feeling we'll become even closer as the days go on. And my cravings grow stronger...

I'm not going to lie, when Patrick said in his email that this was the last week before things get intense, I kind of got scared. These added exercises are no joke. 5 sets of squats instead of 4? Those floor jumps look killer. And don't even get me started on my trepidation of the V-sits. So in my mind things are already getting more intense. But I'm looking forward to the changes they'll bring to my body. I never thought I'd be able to do 100 sit ups, but today I accomplished just that! It wasn't easy, but I focused on the results I want to achieve and pushed through. I'm curious as to what next week will bring, but right now I'm just focusing on getting through week 4.

As for the new diet, I miss my dinner carbs. So sad to see them leave. I have a feeling they'll be gone for the next 70 days....


3 comments:

  1. OMG. 100 sit ups. They killed me today. The floor jumps look very scary. I think we can expect pain very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite quotes: "Pain only hurts!"
    Honestly, there is "real" pain, i.e. your body telling you something is majorly damaged (stick hand in fire, jump off roof and break leg, etc.) and then there is "ooh my foot's asleep" pain and "I can NOT do another pull up" pain and "!@#$%! DaVincis!!!" pain...but those aren't pain, that's just your muscles whining about having to do actual work.
    Dunno about you, but I rather enjoy it, simply because it feels so good to STOP. And the more it hurts, the better it feels later, especially when the fat is replaced by muscle.

    And word up on the gum: xylitol is our friend!

    ReplyDelete