Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 15

Today is the first day I've had a really bad chocolate craving. I could practically taste the sweetness and feel the sugar rush that would follow. But the knowledge that at some point there will be an indulgence, that this is not a 90 day chocolate-free zone, makes it easier to say no. I know eventually I'll get a morsel of that chocolate-y goodness of my choosing (brownie? piece of cake? mmmmm-so many possibilities). And seeing the results of all this hard work also makes it easier to say no. I'm so excited to see where I'll end up in 90 days. Honestly at this point of any workout/diet plan, if I'd gotten this far in progress I would be satisfied and quit pushing myself. But now I have the motivation to continue on.

I was going to post a picture of something ridiculously sweet and delicious looking, but I decided that would just be cruel. So here's a pic of something that looks adorable made from healthy food! YUM


2907.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Ah, so sad that starting this group we won't be doing indulgences anymore... they just weren't working out.


    Gotcha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doh! I am with you on the chocolate thing -- yesterday at work I handed out about 3 kilos of chocolate to all my lovely co-workers.

    However, instead of envisioning the sweetness of chocolate, steam (microwave) an onion. I am serious: an entire onion, until it's translucent and tender. Sweetest thing you have ever tasted, no joke.
    Then imagine eating onions and having abs like this: http://www.sixpackabsguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/six-pack-abs-for-women4.jpg

    as opposed to this:
    http://www.smaggle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/fat_lady.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dark chocolate myself. Pieces of bitter, dark, midnight, chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm...don't even get me started on dark chocolate. That's my favorite too. I always tell myself it's slightly healthier!

    ReplyDelete