Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 24

I've been sort of looking forward to doing the plank instead of the seemingly never-ending sit ups this week. Back in my (probably misguided) workout days, planks were the one abs strengthener I always did. I usually did it for a minute, so I figured 30 seconds should be no problem. Boy was I wrong! When I used to do planks, I always clasped my hands together. This time I did it exactly like Patrick in the photo, and I think keeping your hands apart definitely makes it harder. I still made it through all 3 sets without fail, but it was way more difficult then I expected.

Jumping rope today was great. I am amazed how I don't feel the least bit winded when I finish at 1100 jumps, when I could barely catch my breath after only doing 50 or so at the beginning!

I've been looking at all the January PCPr's progress photos and they look amazing! It definitely shows that PCP works and makes me excited for my own results!

I'm leaving for Duke tomorrow. While I enjoy these law school tours, they are very exhausting and time consuming. And taxing on my PCP regimen. I liked Ren's suggestion about holding a drink to keep your hand busy from eating. I'll definitely use that trick this weekend. I still have two more visits to go after this and then it's decision time!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yep, clasping your hands allows the deltoids and scapula to form a closed structure that a cheater can hang their ribcage from. Don't cheat yourself!

    ReplyDelete