Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 60

Really? We're at day 60? ALREADY???!

As this is the two week "party mode" period at my school (despite those pesky few days devoted to exams), I'm already struggling with finding a balance. It seems every social occasion surrounds food, and heavy, salty, sugary food at that. I went to the local baseball game tonight (it's a huge social thing) after my yoga class. My friends wanted me to come straight from yoga, well, actually they wanted me to skip yoga altogether, but I hadn't eaten dinner yet. I knew I could go straight to the game and my only dinner options would be some funnel cake and fries, which wouldn't even have been appetizing to me pre-PCP. So I went home, made my dinner, and then drove back downtown to go to the game. Yes, that was a lot of driving (I'll try to even out my carbon footprint tomorrow!), but it was worth it. The yoga class really left me feeling centered and stretched, and my homemade dinner was the perfect finish. And I didn't really miss anything by coming an hour or two late. I still got to hang out with my friends. Of course, they were all drinking and eating nachos or bacon fries (a pretty weird combination), but it wasn't hard at all to pass on the beer or the food.

Tomorrow I'm going tubing down a river up in the mountains and then going to a concert that night. The purpose of the tubing trip is to get drunk while lazy-ing on down the river, but I think I'll have just as much fun enjoying the scenery sober. Somehow I need to get some studying in along with the workouts and the social life!

4 comments:

  1. Don't get sunburned tubing! (speaks from experience)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are demonstrating serious black belt skillz! (Who can so no to bacon fries?!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip Patrick, I plan on lathering up on SPF 45!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy tubing! That is going to be lots of fun.

    My last days of college were filled with nothing but beer and drunk food! I know how it is. But getting through this time is going to pay off in the long run 10x.

    ReplyDelete