Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 59

I've noticed that the days I find the workouts especially tedious, are the days I don't work up a sweat. I know that sweating doesn't really mean anything, but for some reason, it makes me feel like I'm really working hard and it feels extra good when the workout is over and I get to shower off. It's usually on the days that we don't do leg strengtheners that I don't sweat. Something about those squats and lunges really make the rest of the work out extra intense. Now don't get me wrong, those triceps and shoulder moves are just as tough (actually probably tougher). But I usually don't feel completely tapped out the way I do after a leg day. This is probably my own fault. I guess I need to ramp it up on the off-leg days!

I can definitely tell that this is sort of a PCP valley. The new-ness has worn off, the workouts have become routine, the meals have become routine. In a way that's good because this is now my normal life! Eating healthy and working out is no longer an irregular occurrence, I do it every day. I can't believe only one more day until day 60. At first the PCP days came and went slowly, but now the weeks fly by!

3 comments:

  1. I have had a similar experience with the time and getting, perhaps a tad too used to the program. picking up the pace is a good theme for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try to stay true to the 20 second rests. That should keep your heartbeat up and steady.

    ReplyDelete