Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day 63


I ended up having a great day Friday. The tubing was just what I needed to relax (and it was a gorgeous day) and then I ended up going out that night! While I didn't drink anything, I did choose the designated night where I will partake in the tradition of drinking after all the exams are over. That night happens to fall on Cinqo de Mayo, so I think it should be pretty fun! I know I will have to break the PCP no alcohol rule, but I think this one time is worth it. We'll see how it goes!

As classes are over, I find my days much less structured and I've been sleeping in pretty late (like 9:30 or 10). Of course I'll be getting up early tomorrow and Tuesday for exams, but this has made me think about my schedule this summer. Although I don't enjoy actually getting up from bed early, I definitely am happy once I'm up. I like having that extra hour or two of free time, and I would like to continue that this summer. I'm glad that PCP extends into the summer so I'll learn how to incorporate it into my "lazy" life before I have to do it all on my own.

Food wise, things are going well. But I do have to confess to one attachment that has developed. The Pepperidge Farm 100% Whole Wheat Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread has replaced chocolate as my new crack. It has become a pretty good size of my carb allotment each day. Now, it is 100% whole wheat, so I'm hoping that there's nothing wrong with it, but because of the presence of cinnamon and raisin, I'm thinking there might be...I certainly don't want to replace one food addiction with another (chocolate for bread?), but the swirl bread does bring me a certain amount of satisfaction that makes the rest of the PCP diet more than bearable.

1 comment:

  1. If you want to be really strict use Cinqo de Mayo as your third indulgence and then pass on the real indulgence when it rolls around in a week or so.

    That bread is sugary, but if it helps you through it's not that bad!

    ReplyDelete