Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 44

My jumprope broke just as I was around the 1050 mark. One of the handles flew off. I could've quit at that point, but I really wanted to keep going and I wasn't tired at all yet. (What a weird phenomenon, I actually want to work out MORE!??) So I did a makeshift sort of thing and held the broken rope part with one hand and the non broken handle in the other, and it actually worked. Luckily, I was having a really good rhythm day, or it might not have gone so well. So I went to Target this afternoon and bought two more of the same jump rope. They're super cheap, but the best ones I've found so far. And I figured it'd be smart to have a back up on hand.

Today at lunch I was craving carbs like no other. Ate my entire carb portion in bread. Just stuffed it in. And when the carb frenzy was over, I felt satisfied.

My legs are really feeling it today. This morning when I woke up, those lunges and floorjumps had done a number on me overnight, and doing the squats today just added to the soreness. But I kind of like the soreness. It's a reminder that my leg muscles are gaining strength and will help my body in all those ways Patrick talks about. I've also noticed how much more aware I am of my abs. I can feel them when I make almost any movement. It's a weird, but good, sensation.

I can't believe it's over for the January PCP'rs. I can't wait to see all the reveal photos!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! The average American doesn't even know what leg soreness feels like. I love sore legs too! Every step is a reminder that you're alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well - then I am alive.

    And good for that satisfied feeling - after eating. I spaced things out a little today and finished earlier. A winner for me. I share the marvelous sensations and awareness you mentioned. fantastic.

    Go Team Go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you realize you are the first one of us to kill a rope? That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done to get MacGyver on that rope.

    ReplyDelete