Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 57



Today I am now officially an alumni of the Chi Omega sorority, the first of many endings (or beginnings) in the weeks to come. We had a big senior banquet tonight where your "family" gives you gifts and it's really sentimental and sweet. I'm not even that much of a participant in my sorority, but it definitely made me pause and appreciate everything I've done through Chi O in the last 4 years. Anyways, I promise there is a PCP connection in this nostalgia.

First off, I wore high heels to this event tonight. Let me just say, I NEVER wear high heels. Ever. Not worth the pain. But these have a sort of platformish heel, so they are not nearly as uncomfortable as the usual pairs (they're the ones in the pic above). Also I feel self-consciously tall in the few occasions I do wear them. But I bought a dress this weekend and these shoes to go with them, so I decided to face my fear of heels and the height and go for it. And I'm glad I did. I'm actually not that tall in them. I'm only 5 "6", so they only make me about 5 "8" or 5 "9". And they weren't that bad. Will I be wearing them every day? Hell no. But at least I know that when I want to turn it up a bit, those shoes will be there. Through the PCP, I'm inspired to try things I might normally not, like wear a high pair of heels. And I'm learning that it's worth putting yourself out there, and taking risks.

The second thing is obvious in its PCP connection. So, dinner was served at the senior banquet and the dessert was this layered chocolate cake. I didn't pick up a piece when going through the buffet line, and figured problem solved. But when I sat down, a friend brought over an extra piece of cake and then my chi o family, was like "have some!" When I said I didn't really want any, they literally said, "But Abby! You love chocolate! You have to have it!" And placed the cake in front of me. Now, this proves my claim that I really am known for being a gluttonous choco-holic (in my pre-PCP life, that is). So I had a bite....and was actually disappointed. It was good, but not nearly as good as that other chocolate cake I tried a few days ago. So I had one more little bite and then discreetly placed it on the waiter's tray when my friends weren't looking. It would've been easy to eat the whole thing, I mean everyone expected it! But I found I didn't actually want it, which was an amazing thing to realize. I said before that I was good on the sweets until the next indulgence, and I think I really am. No sweet seems worth compromising my PCP goals right now.

4 comments:

  1. I hereby dub thee Abby The Strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moderation - what a great trait!

    Way to go and thrilled you are having fun with clothes. I am too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate cake follows you around! It's like those GEICO commercials.

    ReplyDelete