Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 46 The Two Ss

Sleepy and and sore. Those two words have described me best this past week. I previously wrote that I was embracing the soreness, but now I'm not so sure. It was a killer making it through the squats today and my butt has been feeling it all day long. Combine that with my lack of sleep and I haven't been the happiest camper. Luckily the beautiful weather makes it hard to be a grouch.

It does make me feel lazy and exhausted by midday though. Luckily that doesn't affect my workout because that's long over, but it does make it harder to withstand temptation. Currently in my apartment's kitchen there is 1) a lovely array of frosted cupcakes all for the taking 2) a bowl of yummy candy like chocolate kisses and kit kat bars, etc 3) mini chocolate easter bunnies. I'm not hungry at all, but I am craving that sugar rush like no other. It's interesting how much my mood affects my cravings. I've been looking at those cupcakes and candy all week, and only a few minutes ago did I really feel like reaching out and grabbing one to eat. I reminded myself it's all mental, and am now about to have my afternoon yogurt instead.

I don't have class tomorrow and I'm hoping I can somehow sleep in. Lately I have not been able to sleep past 7:30 AM. Now I know some of you are probably up hours before that, but think of how late you slept in in college. Yeah....I would like a glimpse of that.


3 comments:

  1. Black Belt Level!

    http://tinyurl.com/y7vm765

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is great that you can write about the craving - before acting on it.

    That is black belt

    I have also found it handy not to treat food as holy or valuable.

    I throw stuff out that i get tired of looking at. It is liberating and empowering. No one needs to eat the stuff I throw out...most of all me.

    ReplyDelete