Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 49


I went home this weekend, hoping for some rejuvenation and productivity, and I was not disappointed. Not only did I get a big paper written I also CHOSE A LAW SCHOOL! Now for me this is a huge deal because I am Ms. Indecisiveness. Seriously, it is a trait that I have been dealing with all my life. After yet another talk with my parents, I decided on UVA Law. Honestly, I knew the moment I visited that it was right for me. But me being me, I had to visit all the other ones just to make sure, and then debate about it some more until I was a little stress ball. Perhaps not the best way to go about it. Technically I don't have to decide for another week, but I feel so much better having made a decision.

There was an interesting article in today's New York Times Magazine on exercise. The whole issue was devoted to Wellness, but this article caught my eye in particular. The basic gist of it was that exercise alone will not necessarily cause you to drop pounds, but it will keep the weight off. Especially if you were a decent weight to begin with. Kind of depressing, but it rings true. I doubt without the food aspect of PCP, we'd be getting such great results. As I thought about the article, it doubled my appreciation for the PCP. All the science seems to say that it is extremely difficult to get into "peak condition" if you will, unless you can devote the time. Patrick makes everything accessible and straightforward, and the blog aspect keeps you motivated (as if the results weren't enough!) and honest. The PCP doesn't make getting in shape seem nearly as complicated as these science articles indicate. And although I am already freaking out a little bit about life post-PCP, I believe in myself enough that I can continue this healthy, fit path I am on.

Oh and it seems like whenever I leave my apartment for a few days, I always come back to some new temptation. The cupcakes are now gone, to be replaced with a huge chocolate cake! Frosted real pretty and everything, but already demolished a bit. So it's just sitting on our stove top, calling my name, asking me to have just a few bites. I know I have an indulgence, but no. A partially eaten chocolate cake is not my preference. I'm thinking ice cream....of some sort. So that cake will have to remain uneaten by me, I am holding out for the moose tracks :)

3 comments:

  1. When the end of the PCP comes around, you'll be ready. My only goal is for all you people to fire me on Day 90 because you don't need me anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent that NYTimes article to Patrick as soon as I saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you made a good choice about law school and doing the due diligence should be applauded. When I turn my taxes in a few days before the 15th I feel like I am leading a manageable life...which for me is a good thing.

    I share your concern or wonderment about the time beyond day 90. I am planning on this being a launching pad for the next part of my life (mid life for me), but sometimes the little voice (see screw tape letters whispers that this is the apex.)

    More later

    Go team Go!

    ReplyDelete