Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 37

Ugh. I feel kind of like a failure PCP wise right now. I debated about even blogging tonight, but figured I should go ahead and do it. One of my friends who I haven't seen in awhile called me and asked if I wanted to go to Asheville tonight. So we drove up and it was beautiful (of course). Then we got dinner at a bistro there. At first I ordered a seafood special (YAY protein!), but of course they were out, so I got the fried eggplant special. Somehow in my mind, I was like, oh it's vegetables....but yeah. probably not vegetables in the way PCP intended.

So now I am back at my apartment feeling uncomfortably full and tired of straying from my diet. I have a difficult time separating food from my social life. As the end of college approaches, so many outings with friends surround food and it's tough to eat out and eat wisely. For example, the end of the year party for an organization I'm involved in is at the Golden Corral, the most unhealthy food buffet place you can imagine. Seriously, there is not one food there that would pass on the PCP diet. I'm going to go because I want to see everyone and hang out one last time, but I don't know what I'm going to do about the food. Not eat at all?? That will seem pretty weird though. Any suggestions?

And going to Nashville for 2 days definitely won't make things easier, but hopefully I can eat as healthy as possible and return to PCP land full force on Saturday. That's the best I can do given the circumstances.

I guess this was one of the reasons I signed up for PCP, to learn how to make healthy eating decisions and stick to them. Right now I'm struggling more than I have yet these 37 days, but I hope I can overcome this and progress along with my other PCPrs. Everyone is doing so great, I don't want to be the black sheep of the group!






6 comments:

  1. Do your best with these situations and just make sure you nail every gram of your diet when you have control over it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try carrying a drink (iced tea or something; water is too boring looking and tasting) -- that will keep your hands busy and your mouth busy when not talking.
    And since it's a SOCIAL event, be social! TALK to people, laugh, flirt, goof off, horse around. Surrounded by friends there is plenty to do other than sit at a table stuffing your mouth!
    You will do great; just don't get too down on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eat before you go. If you are not hungry, it is so much easier to not eat - and if you are tempted to slip up, you won't slip up too much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abby, I went into Philly last night, hung out at a bar, went to a show, laughed with friends, etc, if I can do it, you can too!! I made sure I ate first, brought a few carrots, and left an apple in the car. Plan ahead and stay vigilant. You can do this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good advice guys! Pity party now over. haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't beat yourself up! I know how you feel, though. I've basically had no social life the last 83 days - I spend a lot of time with the people I love at home! Plan ahead when you travel - you might feel weird whipping out the egg whites while everyone else hits the buffet, but when you're body transforms there will be no explanation needed for what you're doing. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete