Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 65- Freedom (For a YEAR!)


So in the course of a few hours, I took my last exams as a college student and figured out what direction I want to go next year. After some consideration, I decided to defer law school for a year. I think my initial hesitation came more from the shock and the idea of such a drastic alteration to my plans. But after I actually thought of what I would be gaining in that year off, it was a no brainer. I've gone from shock and hesitation to excitement at the endless possibilities of what I can do with this year. I know I'm going to look for a job and try save as much money as possible, but that still leaves time for me to pursue my interests and passions. I can read all those books that are on my "list", I can explore my love of photography, I can really focus on my yoga practice. Basically do all the things that studying in law school would detract from.

I learned my lesson in decision making from picking a law school. Basically I knew UVA was right from the moment I visited, but I had to drag it out for almost two months, just to end up going with my gut reaction. And so with the decision to defer, after the shock wore off, deferring just felt right. And instead of debating it endlessly with myself and with family, I decided to just go ahead and make the decision that I know I'll make in a week anyways. So now instead of being stressed about what to do, I've already decided and am relaxed and happy. Hopefully this is a new direction for my perpetually indecisive self!!

In PCP land, things are still good. I love having few types of exercises with more sets. It practically forces me to go until failure and it just doesn't drag as much as those past few weks workouts did. And the food is still going well. I think I am going to use tomorrow night as my last indulgence as I think that's what it will end up being.

For the past few days whenever I make my breakfast mixture of eggs and veggies, my roommates always go, "OMG that smells so gooood!" And yesterday one of them asked for the recipe. I was almost embarrassed to tell her just how easy it was to make. But it just goes to show that healthy food can be just as enticing as some buttered up fancy meal!

4 comments:

  1. Damn, I am jealous! What I would do with a year off! Suck the marrow out of life yo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made the right decision! Be purposeful and enjoy the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. Well done -- and don't be shy with that breakfast recipe! Getting your roommates to eat more veggies and bake fewer chocolate brownies will help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you!

    travel
    travel
    travel

    ReplyDelete