Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 67

Ahh, if only all 4 years of college were like this. No classes, no tests, just hanging out with friends and doing only what interests you.

Yesterday, I got a free massage, courtesy of the yoga studio I go to. They were handing out passes to a nearby massage place a few weeks ago, so I scheduled an appointment for the day after the last of my exams. It was great, such a treat for relaxation and all for only the price of a tip!

My indulgence last night went pretty well. I only ended up having one glass of wine and then a drink concoction called a "creamsicle" with some sort of alcohol in it. Both pretty good, but actually left my stomach feeling a little heavy and weird. I had a few brownies to top it off as a true indulgence. So that should hold me off for the next 23 days...You would think working out this morning would have been awful, but I actually loved it. I imagined all the sweat was the alcohol and brownie toxins pouring out of me. Probably false, but nice imagery and motivation!

Now that I know I have a full year before going to law school, I've already started thinking of some of the things I want to accomplish. I've been reading the last in the series of Simone de Beauvoir's autobiography, and it's given me a lot of inspiration for living a life full of enriching experiences. Autobiographies are one of my favorite genres to read because it's all adventures that actually happened! I know I want to brush up on my French, aka become fluent. A lofty goal, but I was well on my way to achieving it when I lived there. And, of course, I want to continue all my PCP progress well into this summer and beyond!

3 comments:

  1. Living the DREAM! THE DREAM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spend a year in France! Or...Quebec!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love biographies and auto biographies as well and for the same reason.

    But in the end better to go do something worth writing about. I agree - move to France - Be somebody - Live a year you will never forget.

    I had a little time once(a long time ago) I hit the road and went to Egypt, Crete, Greece, Turkey, all of Eastern Europe, and then studied at Oxford. A single person can go a long way with limited finance - and even work along the way to make the trip go.

    Go Team GO!

    ReplyDelete