Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 71

Wow, this last week flew by. And between graduation parties and family outings, I'll admit, I was not living up to my PCP motto...which is basically, "do what Patrick says in his emails", haha.

Honestly, I didn't completely let go. I stuck to the workouts 100%, but I only got 8 minute abs in about 4/7 days instead of my usual 7/7. And I let a few things into my mouth that rhyme with the word schmocolate. I am disappointed that I let up on the PCP rules so close to the end, but I am going to give it my all these last 20 days, and recognize that letting go for a few days is not an excuse to suddenly give up on all your exercise and diet endeavors. This lifestyle is something I plan on continuing well after day 90 and I know there will be times when I might let up a little. But the important thing is to not let that bump in the road be the end of the road.

My next few days (well probably weeks at my pace) are going to be filled packing up boxes and unpacking boxes so that my room at home can become livable again. In these past four years, my room has accumulated a lot of crap and a lot of memories. After both my study aways, I shoved a lot of stuff in boxes and just left them in the corner of my room. But now that my room is no longer a resting place for a few weeks, but for a whole year, I want it spick and span. I want it to be organized and welcoming, a space all my own. This is going to take time and patience to carry out, but I know the results will be worth it. I'm already becoming a minimalist. I've filled four huge bags of clothes and shoes to go to goodwill. Cleaning really makes you think about what is important to you and what you know you really shouldn't be holding on to.

But as enlightening as cleaning can be, I really wish I had a magic wand and my room would be perfect and clean right now.

4 comments:

  1. One thing we have learned is that it is all about starting again.

    When you said bump in the road it made me think of the saying, " you can;t avoid the bumps in the road...the bumps are the road!

    Good stuff.

    Go Team GO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But the important thing is to not let that bump in the road be the end of the road."

    Very well said. Onward and upward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby's best PCP quote EVER: "the important thing is to not let that bump in the road be the end of the road."
    That one deserves a t-shirt or a bumpersticker or something!
    Now go clean your room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 8 min abs only 4 times a week? OMG YOU SLACKER!

    As you re-move into your room, be sure to set up systems. Like, when you have this type of thing, you know exactly where it goes without thinking about it.

    (One of my hobbies is organizing people's homes!)

    ReplyDelete