Friday, May 28, 2010

Day 89

ONE MORE DAY.

After I did my set of shoulder, tricep, and bicep exercises, I thought my arms were going to fall off. As I was sweating it out, I though about how the workouts only last an hour tops, but the results last much longer. That thought alone is enough to give an hour of my day towards creating a healthy body.

Over these past 90 days, I've really fallen in love with jumping rope. Yes, there are still some days where I cannot jump rhythmically for the life of me, but when I do get into the groove, it is quite enjoyable. I'll admit, a lot of that probably has to do with the location of my jumping rope. At school, I did it on my porch over looking a pretty wooded area. And at home, I also do it on my top porch, overlooking the marsh and ocean. I'm eye level with the oak trees in my yard, and for the past week or so, I've observed a squirrel making its nest. The area on the porch where I jump rope almost always has a breeze and the combination of a breeze blowing through as I jump rope is like paradise.

I got Watson's gift yesterday (Go Team, Go!) and it was great. Perfect end to our PCP program. I won't ruin it for those that might not have gotten it yet.

One more day!

3 comments:

  1. That is so cool that you have found a love in teh jump rope. I have made my peace with the jump rope. It is much better with a timer. I love that my mind can wander and even become empty once in a while.

    Buy a ticket and move to France.

    Glad you like the gift.

    Go Team Go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also fallen in love w/ jumping rope. It's an amazing feeling when you're in that groove!

    ReplyDelete