Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 64

So today, right before an exam, I found out something that could very well change my immediate future plans. I found out that UVA will give me a pretty significant scholarship to go in 2011, which would require deferring for a year. They just don't have the money to offer me a scholarship this year. At first, I was like no way. I already have my roommates and am about to sign a lease on an apartment, but then I thought about it more. Deferring would allow me time to regroup, get a job, earn some money so I can take out even less loans, and I could hang out with friends sticking around in Charleston. But at the same time, I would have to live at home (well I could find an apartment but that seems silly when I'm trying to save money) and I might feel a little aimless. So I haven't made a decision by any means, but I do need to decide in a few days so I can tell my roommates, etc. This is one of those curveball situations that requires a total realigning of your mind. Basically what I thought was a guaranteed future might not be the reality. So it definitely takes a readjustment of thinking. I meditated about it after my exam, trying to breathe in possibility and breathe out stress.

In PCP world, I don't want to speak too soon, but I think today's workout might have taken me out of the valley. I have never enjoyed a workout so much. It was definitely hard and required a lot of effort, but I felt great and rejuvenated when it was over. I was inspired by Ren's post about not letting up during these last 26 days. I'm so pleased with my results, but I know I'm not at my peak condition...yet.

Two more exams tomorrow and then freedom!

4 comments:

  1. "When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the life decisions! Been there pretty recently myself (graduated about a year ago), and it's definitely not easy. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the scholarship and future plans (even if they deviate from what you expected) in this tough economic time. Sounds like more exciting hurdles to push your way through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always recommend taking a year off. The fact that you'll basically get paid for it is 100% win.

    ReplyDelete